Posted on:27 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Travelers Enterprise Analytics Data Products and Engineering team constructs products that contextualize and provide easy access to data by the entire enterprise. As a Data Engineering Director / Tech Lead, you will accelerate growth and transformation of our analytics landscape. In this role, under the guidance of a Senior Tech Lead, you will lead teams designing and building data solutions that capture, explore, transform and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights. In addition to leading design and implementation of data products, you will also mentor and develop a team of data engineers.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead development and production deployment of enterprise-level analytic data products (also potentially pilots and proof of concepts), determining appropriate design strategies and methodologies.
- Find creative solutions to challenging problems involving factors with potentially broad implications; reflecting on solutions, measuring impact, and using that information to ideate and optimize.
- Execute data strategies with an understanding of enterprise architecture, consumption patterns, platforms and application infrastructure.
- Develop business partnerships and influence priorities by identifying solutions that are aligned with current business objectives and closely follow industry trends; understanding how to apply them, and sharing knowledge with coworkers.
- Communicate with partners, describing technology concepts in ways the business can understand, documenting initiatives in a concise and clear manner, and empathetically and actively listening to others thoughts and ideas.
- Partner with data management & information security colleagues to ensure the protection of highly sensitive datasets.
- Maintain relationships with partner teams to ensure needs are met and impacted areas plan work accordingly.
- Monitor the health of work efforts and that of adjacent systems.
- Present analysis and recommendations to help influence strategic decisions.
- Lead and take action, inspire and motivate others, and be effective at influencing team members.
- Guide and coach team members, focusing on individual’s professional development as well as overall team health and technical proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Five years of data engineering or equivalent experience
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Five or more years of related experience
- Two or more years of management experience
- Advanced knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation including cloud platforms, programming languages, and technology platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with the some of the following concepts: Real-time & Batch Data Processing, Workload Orchestration, Cloud, Datalakes, Data Security, Networking, Serverless, Testing / Test Automation (Unit, Integration, Performance, etc.), WebServices, DevOps, Logging, Monitoring, and Alerting, Containerization, Encryption / Decryption, Data Masking, Cost & Performance Optimization
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
The Travelers Companies, Inc.
The Travelers Companies, Inc., commonly known as Travelers, is an American insurance company. It is the second-largest writer of U.S. commercial property casualty insurance, and the sixth-largest writer of U.S. personal insurance through independent agents. Travelers is incorporated in Minnesota, with headquarters in New York City, and its largest office in Hartford, Connecticut. It has been a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average since J
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
The Travelers Companies, Inc. is currently hiring Director of Data Engineering Jobs in Hartford, CT, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.