IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, consulting, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry, governments and healthcare stakeholders. We employ around 90,000 people in over 100 countries.
Within IQVIA’s UK & Ireland Healthcare division, the Insight & Feedback team are experts are developing and implementing tools and strategies to gain insights from staff, patients and service users; and we are the UK’s leading player in delivering health and social care survey programmes
At a local level, we work with 250+ individual NHS organisations, collecting real-time data on patient, service user and staff experience and engagement. Nationally, we run patient and staff survey programmes for NHS England & Improvement, and the devolved administrations in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. And across Europe and internationally, we work with the whole life sciences industry; with all types of healthcare payers and providers; and with charities and Patient Advisory Groups.
We have a range of survey solutions we can deploy as appropriate:
- Our Market Research & Consultingteam delivers a range of qualitative market research methodologies to gather deeper insights; and are experts at developing and testing quantitative questionnaires
- Our bespoke Questionnaire Management Platformis typically used for national survey programmes, usually running programmes that combine elements of paper, online, SMS and telephone surveys
- IQVIA Connectionallows real-time and interactive deployments. Developed and owned by IQVIA, it is entirely configurable to meet clients’ needs, can be offered either as a fully managed service or a self-service solution.
This newly created Data Scientist Apprentice role will work across three key teams in Insight & Feedback, supporting and developing tools and techniques to gain greater insight for our clients from the data that we collect.
IQVIA has selected the University of Nottingham as the training provider for this apprenticeship. Part of the prestigious Russell Group of universities, Nottingham offers exceptional teaching and learning opportunities for employers and their employees. https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/mathematics/business/data-scientist-degree-apprenticeship.aspx
- Provides high quality support to members three teams across Insight & Feedback: IT, Reporting, and Market Research & Consultancy.
- Assists in development of quantitative or qualitative healthcare survey programmes; and the analysis, interpretation and feedback of results.
- Undertakes a variety of key tasks across the three teams:
- Monitoring the flow of questionnaires through key processes, ensuring all data is accounted for at every stage.
- Assisting in the design and proofing of both paper and electronic survey materials.
- Configuring key applications to support the varied business requirements.
- Setting up scanning and data capture software to ensure accurate and timely processing of returned questionnaires.
- Using existing tools and developing new methods to ensure the highest levels of data accuracy; and identifying and correcting poor quality data.
- Handling sensitive data and working within the relevant Data Protection Legislation.
- Manipulating large and complex datasets, providing clear audit trails of changes made.
- Creating client materials including charts, presentations and reports.
- Assisting with national programme reporting requirements.
- Supporting delivery of detailed documentation and project plans.
- Implementing robust and evidenced quality assurance procedures of reporting outputs produced.
- Develops an awareness of IQVIA technology solutions and how they would be utilised in client scenarios.
- Works across the Insight and Feedback department where required.
Qualifications and eligibility criteria
- A UK/EU/EEA national, or having lived and have had a right to work in the UK for 3 years or more.
- An interest in current events and developments within the healthcare industry in the UK and Ireland.
- Excellent grasp of English to produce defect-free client materials on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate and present complex information in an appropriate format and style to suit customer requirements.
- High standards of accuracy, numeracy and literacy and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills, and the ability to work across multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Confidence using a range of applications, especially Microsoft Office applications, as well as any design tools and data capture knowledge. Ideally including advanced Microsoft Excel (formulas, charting and visual basic).
- An appreciation of the importance when working with sensitive data to ensure the highest levels of integrity, security and compliance.
- Degree entry requirements:
- hold a level 2 (equivalent to grades 4-9 at GCSE) or above in English Language or equivalent, and have scored 5 in GCSE Maths or equivalent
- BBB-BBC at A-Level with B in Maths
- Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship at Distinction or Merit
- IELTS (not accepted as Level 2 equivalent by ESFA)
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world.
IQVIA, formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc., is an American multinational company serving the combined industries of health information technology and clinical research.
No. of Employees
Danbury, CT, USA