You'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That's why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Data Scientist to join our KPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
- Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, in diverse domains. Communicate technical details of solution, including mathematical formulations, alternatives, and impact on modeling approach to business stakeholders across industries (technology, financial services, emerging tech, government agencies - federal, state and local, and utilities).
- Plan engagement objectives, key deliverables, and deliver on engagement milestones by following analytics processes; Work with clients to discover, retrieve, prepare, and process a variety of data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial, and operational).
- Work internally within KPMG's other areas within Tax, Audit and Advisory to advance the client understanding of Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Advanced Analytics; Work very closely with emerging technologies group within AI service providers (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) to provide a first-in-market solution approaches to complex business problems.
- Lead multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to rapidly iterate models and results to refine and validate approach; Lead team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions; Utilize structured approaches to solving problems, managing risks, and multiple responsibilities using structured approaches for operational excellence; Communicate results to executive level audiences.
- Leverage deep technical knowledge to build, review, and quality control code to prepare, extract, and enrich data sources, working with the business to understand available resources and constraints around data. Lead team in exploratory data analysis, generating and testing working hypotheses, and uncovering interesting trends and relationships. Provide expert oversight for teams building machine learning algorithms and data science solutions.
- Minimum of five years of experience leading teams of at least five data scientists, engineers, and other data & analytics professionals, including business development, requirements gathering, people development, and quality management using analytics and software development processes for natural language processing, machine learning on unstructured data, and/or information retrieval; Multidisciplinary backgrounds.
- Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, or related fields; PhD from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Proficiency in delivering analytics projects using leading processes including expert knowledge of data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment; Ability to work with team members and clients to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems.
- Ability to apply artificial intelligence techniques to achieve concrete business goals; ability to work with the business to understand available resources and constraints around data (sources, integrity, and definitions), processing platforms, and security; Provide assistance, and resolve problems, using solid problem-solving skills and strong verbal/written communication.
- Ability to utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as fluency in Python or R; Experience with SQL and cloud technology preferred; Experience with command-line scripting, data structures, and algorithms; Ability to work in Linux and/or cloud environments; Ability to write production level code.
- Ability to travel when necessary; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
KPMG International Limited
KPMG International Limited (or simply KPMG) is a British-Dutch multinational professional services network, and one of the Big Four accounting organizations.
Headquartered in Amstelveen, Netherlands, although incorporated in the United Kingdom, KPMG is a network of firms in 145 countries, with over 236,000 employees and has three lines of services: financial audit, tax, and advisory.
No. of Employees