PepsiCo Global Business Services (GBS) works hand-in-hand with teams across the company to deliver, simplify and automate processes and solutions, helping everyone to work more efficiently. Our capabilities enable operational excellence to fuel PepsiCo’s growth and drive a competitive advantage.
PepsiCo’s Global SC Modeling Team helps to build and support end-to-end integrated supply chain planning template solutions for multiple global sectors. Several components of the template solution involve sophisticated optimization tools to model and solve business problems such as demand planning, inventory optimization and daily production planning.
- Developing demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Improving the JDA forecasting solution through rigorous statistical analysis, incorporation of business insights and implementation of new and innovative technological/statistical ideas.
- Designing, implementing, testing and deploying JDA code to enhance the forecasting solution in the production environment.
- Conducting deep dive projects to incorporate business insights into optimizing JDA forecasting parameters to improve forecast quality.
- Supporting day-to-day activities to resolve demand planner issues through statistical root cause analysis and other creative approaches.
- Documenting and presenting existing and new functionality, as well as results of statistical and other technical analysis to internal customers.
- Supporting the weekly execution of forecasting processes.
- Contributing to the vision and roadmap for sustaining continuous forecasting excellence across all regions.
- Providing input to the supply planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinating and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
For a candidate to succeed in this role, she or he will need:
- BS/MS in Math, Economics/Econometrics, Engineering, and/or Statistics.
- 6+ Years industry experience in the forecasting/supply chain.
- Solid understanding of the overall demand planning process.
- Hands-on experience with advanced statistical modeling (developing and maintaining models, error analysis techniques, data quality assessments, etc.), as well as knowledge of techniques such as Exponential Smoothing, ARIMA, Bayesian, Regression.
- Deep understanding of JDA Demand Modeling (highly preferred), or an equivalent package (such as SAP APO, SAS Demand, etc.)
- Experience in creating macros using VBA, advance skills in SQL queries and MS Access, Power BI
- Ability to lead process discussions with demand planners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate across global teams.
- Prior experience and exposure to business intelligence and data visualization tools would be a plus.
- Exposure working with Global markets (APAC/Latam/Europe) would be a plus.
PepsiCo, Inc. is an American multinational food, snack, and beverage corporation headquartered in Harrison, New York, in the hamlet of Purchase. PepsiCo's business encompasses all aspects of the food and beverage market. It oversees the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing of its products. PepsiCo was formed in 1965 with the merger of the Pepsi-Cola Company and Frito-Lay, Inc. PepsiCo has since expanded from its namesake product Pepsi Cola
No. of Employees
Harrison, New York, USA