We are looking for a high impact Analytics & Data Science leader to set the vision & strategy across product & business analytics, data science to deliver insights, predictions & projections that fundamentally drive product & business strategy. This position requires a strong understanding of consumer internet businesses, experience running end to end data analytics for large scale organizations, a growth mindset and the ability to lead, manage & recruit a large geo-distributed team.
- You will drive the vision and roadmap of experimentation, segmentation & cohort creation and data science projections (e.g. devise ML based prediction models for watchtime, impact to 30-day retention & revenue based on user acquisition channel mix)
- Build, validate, test, and deploy machine learning or other data science models to predict and influence customer behaviors, watching habits, content preferences, extrapolate customer segments & cohort profiles
- Leverage data to help the business & product get deep critical insights around further expansion, customer acquisition/retention/churn, product strategy, UX design strategy and any other business/product goals
- Test and validate above insights via rapid experimentation and deployment
- Establish credibility as a critical influencer of product & business strategy based on rich insights, predictions and data
- Integrate analytics, experimentation & data engineering into standard operating practices of product and engineering teams
Skills & Competencies
- 12+ years of experience & proven track record leading high-performing analytics & data science teams that delivered high impact on business & product performance via advanced quantitative analyses, experimentation, segmentation and statistical modelling
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, noSQL databases, Python, data processing (e.g. Spark), data warehousing, data visualization tools (e.g. SiSense, Tableau)
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Creative and strategic thinker, innovative problem-solving skills, highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Experience building, recruiting & leading a team of product analysts, data scientists
- Self-starter, get-stuff-done attitude - willing to get into the weeds if required
- Proven experience in identifying opportunities for business improvement, and defining and measuring the success of those initiatives
- We are customer obsessed
- We are audacious in vision and action
- We encourage honesty and open dialogue
- We respect everyone and every point of view
- We make objective and data-driven decisions
- We believe trust and accountability go hand-in-hand
- We invest in each other's growth
- We bring our A-game and nothing else
- We take charge and get it done
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility.
- No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A ticket on our rocket ship to the moon.
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop destination for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports, Indian and International Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
No. of Employees
Lower Parel West, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013, IN