Posted on:18 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Partner with business/research teams to identify, scope, and execute analytics efforts that answer business/scientific questions, solve business/scientific needs, and add value
- Maintain a broad understanding of the pharmaceutical business and be fully engaged with business/research teams, bringing an objective voice to the table, and facilitating decisions grounded in data
- Collaborate with other analytics team members to review and provide feedback on the analytics being done, and be willing to seek feedback from other team members about your own work
- Stay current with respect to statistical/mathematical/informatics modeling methodology, to maintain proficiency in applying new and varied methods, and to be competent in justifying methods selected
- Collaborate with others to design, develop and deploy enterprise-level analytics capabilities/solutions
- Perform cutting edge research in an area of data science such as forecasting, machine learning, optimization, or natural language processing
- PhD. in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or closely related field with at least 7 years of experience
- Deep and broad knowledge of statistical modeling and data mining methods and/or optimization methods
- Proficiency with relevant programming languages (such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, Java, C++, etc...)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Publications in leading journals or conferences
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning methods in processing unstructured data
- Experience in deep learning frameworks
- Agility and flexibility to work with very diverse problems and business partners
- Ability to work with diverse data sources and data types
- Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables
Eli Lilly and Company
Eli Lilly and Company is an American pharmaceutical company headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, with offices in 18 countries. Its products are sold in approximately 125 countries. The company was founded in 1876 by, and named after, Colonel Eli Lilly, a pharmaceutical chemist and veteran of the American Civil War.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Eli Lilly and Company is currently hiring Director of Data Science Jobs in Indianapolis, IN, USA with average base salary of $190,000 - $300,000 / Year.