Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
This job is a member of the Operations Research and Advanced Analytics (OR&AA) team. Positioned within the Information Technology organization, the OR&AA team at American Airlines has a long history of being on the leading edge of analytics in the airline domain. Nearly four decades ago we launched the revenue management revolution with our yield management strategy. Today our diverse team of passionate analytics professionals supports decision making across the airline, including pricing and revenue management, fleet and network optimization, crew and flight scheduling, airport and maintenance operations and customer/social media analytics. We are constantly on the lookout to bring together exciting technologies, like big data, with cutting-edge analytical methods, like deep learning, computer vision, and natural language processing, to create a competitive edge for American.
What you'll do
- Work with cross functional teams and other analytics professionals to identify business opportunities and frame the analytics problem
- Obtain, manipulate, clean, and analyze structured and unstructured data from diverse sources
- Build & validate advanced analytical and statistical models, using forecasting, optimization, simulation, and machine learning techniques (e.g., NLP, computer vision, tabular modeling)
- Deploy models as proofs of concept or fully productionized implementations
- Monitor and maintain deployed models to ensure continued effectiveness
- Quantify business impacts and communicate actionable recommendations with business partners to drive informed decisions
- Promote data driven decision making across the company by delivering workshops and tutorials
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications – Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master’s/PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in a technical professional environment developing and implementing optimization and/or machine learning models
- Experience with at least one programming language (e.g., Python, R, C++, Java)
- Depth of knowledge in at least one OR/ML skill area (e.g., optimization, simulation, machine learning, statistics)
- Practical experience with data extraction, cleaning, and analysis
- Demonstrated aptitude for independent learning, logical analysis, problem identification, and problem solving
Preferred Qualifications – Education & Prior Job Experience
- 2+ years of experience developing and implementing large scale optimization models using MIP and heuristics
- 2+ years of experience in Java, C++, or Python programming
- Experience with SQL and data visualization
- Experience in using cloud platforms and parallel processing to scale model development/ deployment
- Domain knowledge in the airline industry
- Experience working in a consulting role
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Ability to work in a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
American Airlines, Inc. (AA or AAL) is a major US-based airline headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, within the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex. It is the world's largest airline when measured by fleet size, scheduled passengers carried, and revenue passenger mile. American, together with its regional partners and affiliates, operates an extensive international and domestic network with almost 6,800 flights per day to nearly 350 destinations.
No. of Employees
Fort Worth, Texas, USA