Posted on:10 Dec 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, C Programming, SQL, Apache Hadoop, Scala Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, PyTorch, TensorFlow, MapReduce, R Programming
One Demand Data & Analytics (ODDA) is a Mars Wrigley program that harnesses the power of data and insights to solve some of the critical business-wide problems we face – unlocking quality growth and operational excellence.
Through ODDA, we deliver connected insights across the entire demand ecosystem. We empower our Associates with the right data, tools and capabilities so they can take decisive action, maximizing value and making a meaningful impact on our consumers, our customers and our business.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics or related quantitative fields (statistics, Operations research, mathematics, econometrics etc.); advanced degree preferred
- 4 - 6 years' experience in applied data science role or equivalent; ideally in CPG/Retail
- Knowledge and experience in modelling techniques and advanced applied skills (e.g. significance testing, GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.) using tools like Spark, Scala, SAS, R, Python, Bayesia, H2O, Storm, Yarn, and Kafka
- Experience querying databases (SQL, Hive)
- Experience working with big data platforms such as Hadoop ecosystem (Azure), including in-memory solutions (SAP HANA and Apache Spark)
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, D3, ggplot, to deliver output to the broader business community to improve decision making and productivity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Applies strong expertise in AI through use of machine learning, data mining, and statistical models to design, prototype and build next generation AA engines and services
- Collaborate with business partners to develop novel ways to meet objectives utilizing cutting edge techniques and tools
- Effectively communicate the analytics approach and how it will meet and address objectives to business partners
- Advocate and educate on the value of data driven decision making focusing on the “how and why” of solving problems
- Lead analytic approaches, integrating work into applications and tools with data engineers, business leads, analysts and developers
- Create repeatable, interpretable, dynamic and scalable models that are seamlessly incorporated into analytic data products
- Engineer features by using your business acumen to find new ways to combine disparate internal and external data sources
- Share your passion for Data Science with broader enterprise community; identify and develop long-term processes, frameworks, tools, methods and standards
- Collaborate, coach, and learn with a growing team of Data Scientists
- Stay connected with external sources of ideas through conferences and community engagements
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars proudly makes the treats, nutritious meals, & many of your favorite products for over 100 years. Learn why we're ready to become a part of your family. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Mars, Inc. is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in Toronto, ON, Canada with average base salary of Can$95,000 - Can$170,000 / Year.