Louis Dreyfus Company is a world leader in the processing of agricultural products and the merchandising of a diverse range of commodities. Founded and based in Europe, Louis Dreyfus Company enjoys a strong regional presence in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa. Louis Dreyfus Company operates with the drive of a young organization, tempered and fueled by over more than 165 years of experience and expansion in the field of agricultural commodities. Today, with offices in more than 55 countries and approximately 18,000 employees, the Group stands strong, pragmatic and diversified, guided by a multi-cultural management staff devoted to its aims and to its unique business model. LDC is looking for a data architect to join our growing team of data analytics experts, supporting innovative solutions whose impact can transform our business. As an architect, you will become the expert and referent of our data and analytics team, understanding how all pieces work together and interact. Starting from high-level design choices driven by business strategy, you will collaborate with our team to set the standards, guidelines, best practices and patterns. You are actively involved in developing data solutions and products, making sure they work specifically for data scientists. You proactively monitor the latest tech innovations, assess them and make recommendations on their suitability for the platform.
Along with the below listed responsibilities, the employee should conduct any other business related to the function as required by her or his supervisor.
- Envision the solution architecture, based on business requirements and on best practices in data and analytics, engineer and plan how to deliver it
• Provide technical support and guidance to solution managers, software developers, data scientists
• Establish and document best practices for scalable self-service usage of the platform
• Plan new technology deployment and deliver technology Proof of Concepts to assess and validate new technology’s potential to help leverage data, with a strong focus on data catalogs, data lineage, data observability, and discoverability
• Define KPIs and collect metrics to measure progress towards reaching our analytics vision
• Technology watch – research new/emerging technologies that could benefit predictive analytics solutions
• Spread innovation and best practices within the team and beyond, by creating a community of technology experts, and setting up workshops, demos, and training.
• Perform capacity planning
- 5+ years’ experience in at least one reference programming language (preferably Python or C#) and in architecting software solutions
• 2+ years’ experience in architecture for Data and Analytics platforms on the cloud, ideally based on MS Azure framework or AWS
• 2+ years’ experience in data modeling
• 2+ years’ experience in data lake, data warehouse, and database design and implementation
• Any of the following considered a plus:
• Experience in the commodities sector, preferably the Agriculture industry
• Experience supporting a Data science platform
• Experience with Self-service analytics
• Agile framework, product mindset
• Data visualization tools, preferably PowerBI
• Big data techniques: high-performance computing, spark, scalable solutions.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and ownership to deliver and continuously improve the solution
• Problem-solving and analytics mindset
• Flexibility and sense of adaptability in a quick-paced, constantly evolving context, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
• Critical thinking, inclination to make improvements, find new ideas and challenge the status quo
• Quick learner with the ability to work independently and with little prompting
• Excellent teamwork, communication & collaboration skills
• Passionate about data literacy
• Fluent in English
• Comfortable in a diverse, multicultural environment
• Ability to drive multiple initiatives simultaneously within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost
A Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Business/Management Information Systems, Computer/Systems/Industrial Engineering, Business Analytics, Data Science, Operations Research or Statistics. Other backgrounds will be considered with relevant work experience
Louis Dreyfus Company B.V.
Louis Dreyfus Company B.V., also called the Louis-Dreyfus Group, is a French merchant firm that is involved in agriculture, food processing, international shipping, and finance.