We’re Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager with domain expertise in AI/ML and shipping production infrastructure at scale. You will develop and complete a long-term strategy for a ML platform that powers innovation that improves our AV performance. You will bring technical expertise, a passion for innovation, and a strong customer-centric approach to product management.
Across CruiseAI ML platform teams, we work cross-functionally to design and build products that accelerate the rate of developing machine learning models that power Cruise’s self-driving vehicles. Our product managers work closely with users of the platform, ML platform and tooling teams, and other cross-functional partners to craft roadmaps that serve internal customers and accelerate their development speed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define and implement a next-generation ML strategy that powers Cruise’s autonomous vehicle, partnering with AI teams across the organization
- Gain a deep understanding of the end-to-end ML developer experience as well as the needs for developing and deploying machine learning models at Cruise
- Establish a shared product vision and strategy for your product area, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and unmet customer needs
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across engineering, legal, security, safety and technical program management
- Rapidly prioritize (and re-prioritize) product offerings based on impact, including defining clear success criteria so efforts are always focused around the most impactful work
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal customers to executives
What you have:
- 8+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative platform or infrastructure products at scale, either as enterprise or internal products
- 3+ years of prior product management experience leading AI/ML products in either applied or platform space
- Have an understanding of Data Platforms, Machine Learning frameworks, ML training services & data, and workflow orchestration
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and leading the narrative with leadership and partners
- Entrepreneurial sense of ownership of the product success, with full accountability of the outcomes
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Leading product development from zero to first release and beyond
- A master disambiguator, bringing simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations in fast paced environments
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates growing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Proven track record to partner effectively across functions with the ability to gain shared vision on decisions and priority trade-offs
- Solid fundamentals with knowledge of machine learning / deep learning development workflow and developer needs
- Experience building/leading/developing/working on ML platform to increase developer productivity throughout the entire lifecycle of a machine learning model
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an American self-driving car company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Founded in 2013 by Kyle Vogt and Dan Kan, Cruise tests and develops autonomous car technology. The company is a largely-autonomous subsidiary of General Motors.
No. of Employees
333 Brannan St, San Francisco, California 94107, USA