We’re Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
As a Staff Technical Product Manager, your job will be focused on building and implementing data mining solutions that solve the most high impact long-tail problems in autonomous driving. You will work closely with our talented engineers to make sure the right features are built the right way. You will understand true customer needs and create a roadmap to address them effectively. Having a strong technical background in AI/ML is critical to understand developer needs and explore possible technical solutions in collaboration with engineers.
Across CruiseAI ML teams, we work cross-functionally with engineering and product design to design and build products that accelerate the rate of development for our AV teams. Our product managers work closely with AV teams, platform and tooling teams to craft roadmaps that serve internal customers and accelerate their development speed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop the vision and the roadmap for the data mining platform used by applied ML and Robotics engineers at Cruise
- Work with applied ML teams across Cruise to understand their requirements for data mining and build generalized solutions
- Influence key decisions on architecture and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering
- Define long-term product strategy by proactively identifying emerging customer needs and business opportunities
- Launch new products and features, test their performance and iterate quickly
- Establish a shared product vision and strategy for your product area, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and unmet customer needs
- Leverage usability studies, data, industry innovation, and metrics to generate insights and improve AV performance and development speed
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal customers to executives
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
- Own product roadmaps and guide end-to-end product development
What you must have:
- 8+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- 5+ years of prior product management experience managing AI/ML products in either applied or platform space
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with large scale enterprise or consumer products powered by AI/ML solutions
- Proven track record for shipping/launching entirely new products/services and customer adoption.
- Ability to define & shape the business strategy for large product areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong and experienced customer focus and engagement
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and owning the narrative with leadership and key stakeholders
- A master disambiguator, bringing simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations in fast-moving environments
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Proven ability to partner effectively across functions with the ability to gain shared vision on challenging decisions and priority trade-offs
- Solid fundamentals with knowledge of machine learning / deep learning algorithms, ML development workflow and algorithm design
- Experience building/leading/developing/working on workflow automation, machine learning and scalable platforms
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field
- MBA from a top program
- Domain knowledge of: Big Data, Machine Learning end-to-end life cycle and AI centric services
- Experience/familiarity with one of the mature ML platforms in the industry such as FBLearner, TFX, Michelangelo, Cortex etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading a large team at scale and managing engineering with an eye to driving efficiency
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an American self-driving car company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Founded in 2013 by Kyle Vogt and Dan Kan, Cruise tests and develops autonomous car technology. The company is a largely-autonomous subsidiary of General Motors.
No. of Employees
333 Brannan St, San Francisco, California 94107, USA