We’re Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Commercial Operations Data & Analytics (CODA) team:
CODA’s mission is to enable data-driven decision-making for our business. The core areas of focus are data democratization, reporting, insights generation, and developing custom data models. The team partners with executives and functional analysts for Cruise’s Business Units, Markets, and other operational teams.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced senior manager to lead our CODA team. This is an incredible opportunity to deliver immediate value and define the long-term roadmap for Cruise analytics. Cruise will need to achieve our ambitious, global scaling plans in a data-driven way.
We are seeking someone who is technically fluent while also possessing strong business judgment. This person should have the ability to mentor and develop a growing team, nurture cross-functional relationships, develop and manage organization-wide processes, and clearly communicate to analytical and non-analytical audiences alike. Be an instrumental part of Cruise’s commercial success! The role reports into the Vice President of Business Operations, which ensures that you will be tightly integrated with our commercial strategy, capacity planning and program management functions as well.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as the data leader for the COO and the Commercial Operations organization at Cruise
- Set and drive the strategy for business and operational data at Cruise
- Lead and partner with data scientists to design, implement, and supervise the creation and maintenance of end-to-end data products.
- Work closely with partners to create the long term strategy of building data models that support business processes.
- Pilot and enforce best practices of data science in the team from code version control, model scalability to dashboard maintenance and more.
- Empower the teams within Commercial Operations to build and maintain critical metrics, production-quality dashboards, informative deep dives and scalable data products.
What you must have:
- Proven experience building and managing high-performing data science, data analytics or related teams
- Strong business interest and judgment
- Incredible attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert-level skills in SQL, Python/R and statistical methods
- Experience delivering business impact through analyses and data products
- Experience building data pipelines and driving ETL design decisions
- Enjoy both team management and technical leadership
- Comfort with ambiguity: apply structured, analytical thinking to new, undefined problems and guide the team to do the same
- An ability to work cross-functionally
- Familiarity with leading agile processes like sprint planning in a Data Science context
- Experience with building data organizations from the ground up
- Experience with building data models, data warehouse or data marts; familiar with transformation tools such as DBT
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLM or other modeling methods, knowledge of experiment design and analysis, shipping productionalized ML models and systems.
- Experience with storytelling using data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau and others
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an American self-driving car company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Founded in 2013 by Kyle Vogt and Dan Kan, Cruise tests and develops autonomous car technology. The company is a largely-autonomous subsidiary of General Motors.
No. of Employees
333 Brannan St, San Francisco, California 94107, USA