We’re Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Sr Data Engineer, Customer Technology is responsible for technical analysis, design, development and testing of solutions focusing on Customer Data Platform (CDP) and its sources and destinations. This position will interact with business and technology teams to coordinate various stages of development, testing, production implementations and production support. This position will be the main point of contact for technical implementation of egress and ingress integrations for CDP and also enforce standards for consistency of data across different systems within the customer domain based on data governance and privacy requirements.
This role sits within IT and works with the manager of Customer Technology. The Customer Technology team selects, implements, and maintains the applications, platforms, and tools that enable the Marketing, Customer Service and Commercial Operations teams to do their best work. We do this by building world class technical solutions that are prepared to scale, are developed on a common set of data, and are seamlessly integrated.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, build and maintain data solutions using CDP to attain consistent, accurate and complete view of customer to enable our business teams to orchestrate customer interactions to deliver best in class customer experience
- Develop technical requirements and specifications for the governance and management of the CDP, including raw data sources, integrated datasets, metadata, operational data stores, and analytical data
- Complete data validation and QA, advocating for data quality. Ensure that data applied by users is accurate and up to date
- Development of technical architecture artifacts like (ERDs, Dataflow Diagrams, Integration Diagrams etc.) and delivery of technical solutions that meet business requirements
- Lead all activities of data pipelines (Egress/Ingress) development for Customer data platform
- Perform support and maintenance tasks to address production issues reported by end users
- Work closely with Governance and Privacy teams to follow and implement requirements for all of the solutions built for CDP
- Act as a technical expert to plan, implement, and support new and existing data solutions across customer technology domain
- Integrate enterprise-wide tools for automating, monitoring, and managing CDP technology environments in a proactive manner. Setup and maintain end to end monitoring for CDP observability
- Promote the growth and expansion of the CDP, with clearly articulated problem statements and goals. Own accountability for the successful execution of the projects, working cross-functionally to ensure solutions deliver against defined business problems and objectives
What you must have:
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience with at least one successful CDP project implementation
- Experience managing data solutions for major business platforms (such as CDP, ESP, CRM)
- 2+ years of experience with integrating internal and external systems using a variety of integration patterns including ETL, web services, and real-time messaging
- Experience with data dictionaries, formatting API requests, and interpreting responses
- Strong expertise in data management including data strategy, data quality, and data governance
- Prior experience with implementing solutions for Marketing (Email/Marketing automation system, Personalization tools, Analytics tools, tag management systems)
- Excellent SQL skills, experience in data modeling and architecture
- Demonstrated experience with high-volume consumer facing software systems, including architecting, and building highly scalable distributed systems, integrations across multiple data-sources
- Highly skilled at problem solving and critical thinking in a technical context
- Superb communication and negotiation skills as you work with the business to set and maintain priorities
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a growing organization while keeping focused on key goals and priorities
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
Nice to have:
- CDP Implementation experience with Twilio’s Segment
- Experience working with middleware technologies such as Mulesoft
- Experience with SOA or microservice-based architectures and common cloud platforms like AWS/GCP/Azure
- 2+ years of experience in Agile practices
- Experience working with analytics tools such as Tableau and Looker
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an American self-driving car company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Founded in 2013 by Kyle Vogt and Dan Kan, Cruise tests and develops autonomous car technology. The company is a largely-autonomous subsidiary of General Motors.
No. of Employees
333 Brannan St, San Francisco, California 94107, USA