Posted on:10 Dec 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, C Programming, SQL, Apache Hadoop, Scala Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, PyTorch, TensorFlow, MapReduce, R Programming
The purpose of this role is to join and be an integral part of the data science function, planning, and leading projects to deliver the Powered By Data project across Mars Petcare divisions using the ecosystem of data available. In this role, you will apply knowledge and experience of data science / ML techniques to our unique data sets and lead data science projects. This will involve building a clear understanding of the potential benefits that connected data and analytics can bring and supporting this vision with stakeholders. The role involves hands-on delivery of analytics and insight as well as leading and mentoring others. Collaboration with stakeholders will be essential throughout to ensure the insights are actionable and that the business is ready to apply them to deliver the benefits. The role requires end-to-end expertise from data, analytics and insight delivery to stakeholder engagement and support of benefit realization. Being self-starting and self-sufficient while also communicating and collaborating effectively within the team and beyond is key.
What are we looking for?
- 8+ years varied technical experience in delivering statistical analytics, data science and insight on large-scale consumer data sets across multiple sectors.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in packaged goods, or retail / DTC, or healthcare
- Demonstrable experience of using data science and advanced analytics to generate business value and change
- Demonstrable experience of planning and managing multiple projects in parallel
- Excellent knowledge of Python (NumPy, pandas, etc.) is required; Familiarity with PySpark is also desirable
- Capacity and enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring less experienced data scientists
- Must have excellent communication skills, and interact effectively with all levels of internal / external business stakeholders to engage and Influence
- Superior planning, project management and organizational orchestration skills and a strong attention to detail
- Truly inspired by, and want to live, our purpose of creating a better world for pets.
- 4 + years experience writing productional level code
- Can estimate time required to productionise code
- Understands potential pitfalls in code productionization
- Review and update production ready code
- Understands the performance issues for performance code
- Passion for growing and strengthening a business using data driven / ML approaches
- Enjoys explaining how models and systems work to both non-technical and technical stakeholders.
- Experience working on Azure cloud computing
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with a passion for collaboration to achieve objectives
- Quick learner, ability to understand and simplify highly complex scenarios.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- The role reports into the Head of Data Science - North America. The primary responsibilities are:
- Plan and lead data science projects to understand and predict pet and pet owner behaviors
- Review work of team members identifying optimum methodologies, advising on implementation, and checking business logic
- Use machine learning techniques, visualizations, & statistical analysis to gain insight into various data sets – some readily available, and some you create and curate yourself
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure we focus on pet-centric product and service recommendations and be a key player in our network of talent
- Mentoring, coaching, and inspiring the team
- Manage multiple projects
- Develop compelling stories that provide insight into the drivers of business performance and Pet/Pet Owner behavior
- Contribute to a high performing data science function
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars proudly makes the treats, nutritious meals, & many of your favorite products for over 100 years. Learn why we're ready to become a part of your family. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Mars, Inc. is currently hiring Principal Data Scientist Jobs in Saint Charles, MO, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.