Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines, we leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers and consumers around the world. Structured as a matrix organization of six geographical regions and eight platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 17,000 people globally.? We are looking for a DevOps Engineer, to join our Data Platform Architecture & Technology Management team, guaranteeing the platform technology stack operational excellence. If you are obsessed with measuring performance and quality and are passionate about learning how to automate these metrics, then this is a position for you. This position will be responsible for excellence in operations and platform observability, with a heavy focus on automation and metric implementations, to ensure the data platform attains its target costs and SLAs, measuring uptime and quality of service.
Along with the below listed responsibilities, the employee should conduct any other business related to the function as required by her or his supervisor.
- Design, implement and improve the observability strategy of our data & analytics platform
- Ensure the platform uptime and quality of service meets the expected standards
- Coordinate incidents, draft postmortems and suggest concrete and achievable actions to ensure we learn from what has happened
- Drive automation of deployment activities, of monitoring and alerting, improving profiling and log analysis
- Plan, coordinate and deploy migrations and improvements for platform infrastructure components
- 3+ years’ experience in at least an area between technical support, operations, system administration, problem management
- 3+ years’ experience leveraging cloud technologies & infrastructure.
- 2+ years’ experience implementing DevOps best practices, for example setting up CI/CD pipelines, automation, platform observability, monitoring, and alerting strategies. ideally you have experience or strong awareness of SREs best practices and are interested in growing your expertise in the area.
- Scripting and automation experience (PowerShell, Bash, Python…)
- Excellent communicator Able to interact with a wide variety of technical profiles, ensuring the communication flows to all members of the team and to the stakeholders effectively?even when under pressure
- Visionary. Able to see the big picture and decide the correct metrics and the most impactful actions to measure and increase the platform’s reliability, improving technologies, automation and processes as needed
- Detailed oriented with deep analytical thinking skills, you analyze situations to find the most appropriate response and proactively think about how to improve and avoid the same problem in the future
- Courageous.? A problem solver in all situations, you take pride in providing leadership and taking initiative to find pragmatic solutions to the unforeseen
- Go getter. Doesn't get stopped at challenges but uses them to further improve the domain offering and deliver more value.?Ability?to easily navigate across different projects and initiatives, to prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
A Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Business/Management Information Systems, Computer/Systems/Industrial Engineering, Business Analytics, Data Science, Operations Research or Statistics. Strong academic background is a plus. Other backgrounds will be considered with relevant work experience.
Louis Dreyfus Company B.V.
Louis Dreyfus Company B.V., also called the Louis-Dreyfus Group, is a French merchant firm that is involved in agriculture, food processing, international shipping, and finance.