Posted on:10 Dec 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, C Programming, SQL, Apache Hadoop, Scala Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, PyTorch, TensorFlow, MapReduce, R Programming
The People Analytics team at Mars aims to provide a team of technical experts for the delivery of advanced analytics products and solutions within the P&O function. Working in an Agile manner, we provide expertise on building analytics solutions in an efficient, cost-effective, and durable manner. Solutions are focused on the recent launch of the People Analytics Data Lake Ecosystem (PADLE) solution. Hosted in the Azure cloud, this analytics platform supports the secure transformation and processing of Mars People Analytics data.
What are we looking for?
- Technical expertise and experience in database and data engineering capabilities.
- Rich heritage in designing and building databases, data warehouses, analytics and BI platforms, including in grocery/retail sector and ideally healthcare too including experience with Big Data.
- Including use of cloud platforms like AWS or Azure, technologies across traditional and contemporary software (e.g. SQLServer, Hadoop), programming languages such as SQL, Java, C#, C++, Python, R and visualization tools
- Track record in building and developing successful data warehouses
- Experience in working in a combined and effective onshore-offshore teams with 3rd party partners
- Experience in delivering across multi-location teams for global and local deliverables
- Able to partner and engage with the Data Science community
- Able to partner effectively with the business stakeholders, contribute in overall success and drive value for relevant stakeholders
- Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Follow the Scrum Methodology participating actively in sprint backlog refinement, sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Lead the design of our cloud-based data solutions and models to enable insight and analytics
- Lead, and develop engineering projects in collaboration with other team members (including with offshore talent partners) to ensure rapid development of quality, scalable and sustainable data solutions, with global best practices and consistency
- Drive agile processes and team sprints across global, market and offshore data engineering teams
- Ensure right technologies in place for our needs – deliver engagements with up-to-date capabilities available in the industry
- Engage and collaborate with data and IT owners across Mars to drive data quality and availability, and ensure data improvement plans in place and support effective governance
- Harvest and maintain semantic and smart data layer and ensure holistic leadership of the data solution within the environment
- Works in close collaboration with the People Analytics Data Office and Analytics team to deliver the strategy, execute plans, providing specific and deep expertise in data design and modeling, data warehousing, big data platforms and data engineering
- Develop a clear understanding of the data sources available, with a hands-on orientation, and the expected uses or opportunities from the data to design and deliver the right data solutions to drive insight and scalable, sustainable value creation. Hands-on delivery through direct and extended onshore and offshore data teams
- Works closely with data source owners and Data Science teams to shape and deliver right plans
- Ensure continually improving performance of solutions and ongoing nimble & lean approach
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars proudly makes the treats, nutritious meals, & many of your favorite products for over 100 years. Learn why we're ready to become a part of your family. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Mars, Inc. is currently hiring Data Engineer Jobs in Chicago, IL, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.