Posted on:9 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, C Programming, SQL, Apache Hadoop, Scala Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, PyTorch, TensorFlow, MapReduce, R Programming
Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only good training data can produce the best machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high quality in a scalable way is incredibly challenging, and very few companies can do it. The whole AI world is starving for great training data. Appen is the market lead in training data generation field for more than 22 years. It generates all kinds of training data like content relevance, image & video, text & audio, as well as data capturing.
Appen Tech team is solving the AI data problem by combining the power of humans and technology. This world-class and exciting engineering position awaits a qualified candidate who will join Appen’s data science team.
We are seeking a senior data scientist with hands-on expertise in the recommendation and search ranking area. You will build crowd CRM systems to mine, engage, match, and recommend good crowd workers with most suitable data labelling jobs. You get the opportunity to work with our global tech team. It is a leading data company with a start-up culture. And we only want people who want to make a huge impact on the AI world instead of just a job!
- Analyze and discover gaps in Appen’s crowd experience, formulate and own data driven and ML based solutions for crowd recruitment automation – including engagement/retention, search and recommendation, content ranking, registration and qualification process drive growth and increase conversion rate on Appen’s data labeling projects
- Drive the alignment and product ownership on key areas with a broad range of stakeholders, such as Product, Engineers, Data Scientist, Operations to achieve shared objectives, provide strategic insight and solution.
- Experience with end-to-end ownership of projects including development, deployment, and maintenance of code in production environment, A/B test, and build dashboards and reports to communicate the business impact of data-driven solutions
- Serve as subject matter expert and drive thought leadership in the areas of machine learning, recommendation, relevance ranking, and information retrieval areas.
- Serve as a mentor and resource to other data scientists and coaching their career growth
- 3+ years of industrial experience in recommendation systems, relevance ranking, information retrieval areas, or related field.
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Have extensive industry experience in the recommendation and search domain with the ability to validate ideas before implementation.
- Excellent programming skills, able to write clean and maintainable code and unit tests (SQL, Python, or other programming languages) in production environment.
- Advanced knowledge in experimental design and statistics methods
- Advanced knowledge on modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical underpinnings, such as recommendation engines and propensity models
- Experience with ETL pipelines and querying large datasets such as clickstream data
- Have good track records of architecting and developing recommendation systems and search engine solutions in large scale industry setup.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and push partners to connect customer problems to business strategy.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and can work independently with strong organizational and time management skills
- Desire to continually learn, adapt and work in a fun, fast paced environment.
Appen Limited is a publicly traded data company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange under the code APX. Appen provides or improves data used for the development of machine learning and artificial intelligence products.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Appen Limited is currently hiring Senior Data Scientist Jobs in United States with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.