Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain data pipeline infrastructure for data storage, management, and processing, particularly of image datasets.
- Identify and automate manual processes.
- Build data analytics tools.
- Ensure high standards of data privacy and information security.
- Work closely with a team of AI researchers and programmers in the US, Switzerland, and Japan on ambitious AI ethics projects.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role.
- Experience developing and optimizing data pipelines from the ground up.
- Experience working with image data.
- Experience addressing privacy and information security concerns with data storage and processing.
- Experience working with different business stakeholders, such as researchers, engineers, lawyers, and compliance officers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Scripting experience in at least one language (Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience working with various cloud services (AWS, GCP or similar)
- Experience with container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Minikube, Helm, Tilt, etc)
Other Required Knowledge
- The ability to deliver on tight deadlines and adapt to evolving or changing requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems
- United States (location flexible) or Tokyo, Japan
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Sony Group Corporation
Sony Group Corporation, commonly known as Sony and stylized as SONY, is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in K?nan, Minato, Tokyo, Japan.