Posted on:8 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, C Programming, SQL, Apache Hadoop, Scala Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, PyTorch, TensorFlow, MapReduce, R Programming
As a Data Scientist for Verily’s Clinical Studies Platform, you will work cross-functionally with Verily's clinical, software, science and commercial teams to create algorithms and methods for processing existing and novel bio-sensor data and communicate the results to internal and external partners. These efforts combine wearable sensing with traditional clinical tests and health outcomes in an effort to change the way various diseases are understood and treated. You will leverage specialized sensors and robust cloud infrastructure to capture and analyze physiological data. You will apply your skills to develop signal processing and analytic methods applicable to large, diverse and complex data sets, often derived from noncontrolled real-world settings. You will deliver key analyses for motivating product direction, pitch our products to partners, build reusable analysis tools and work closely with software engineers, product managers and clinicians to deliver user-facing products.
- Work with large, complex data sets of biosensor data collected in real-world settings to iterate on and build new models using a combination of physical modeling, signal processing and machine learning approaches.
- Develop quality control and pre-processing tools for a broad range of digital data types.
- Understand the business needs of our partners, attend pitch meetings and respond to partner requests that require biosensor data analysis.
- Clearly communicate highly technical results and methods in well structured presentations/reports to internal and external stakeholders, as well as interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ Years experience with Python or similar and exploratory and statistical data analysis (such as linear models, multivariate analysis, predictive modeling and stochastic models).
- Experience extracting and cleaning data sets, physiological signal processing and analysis of time-series data and machine learning (supervised and unsupervised methods).
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (i.e., as a biomedical engineer, data scientist, computational biologist), including deep expertise and experience with biosignal processing.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data collected in clinical trials.
- Experience with the analysis of wearable sensors and clinical data.
- Solid Data Science Python experience (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib etc.).
Verily Life Sciences
Verily Life Sciences, also known as Verily, is Alphabet Inc.'s research organization devoted to the study of life sciences. The organization was formerly a division of Google X, until August 10, 2015, when Sergey Brin announced that the organization would become an independent subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Verily Life Sciences is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in South San Francisco, CA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.