Posted on:8 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
DuPont is seeking a motivated data scientist for a full-time employee opportunity at our Silicon Valley Technology Center. This role will focus on supporting the efforts of the Data Science/Machine learning team at this location. The person in this role will need to clean/manipulate data, build machine learning models, and generate insights to accelerate material innovation in R&D segment.
- Conducts data mining using statistical methods and machine learning to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data.
- Processes, cleans, and verifies the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Conducts exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences) on available data.
- Builds high quality machine learning/deep learning models for various business applications.
- Identifies the model evaluation metrics. Applies best practice techniques for model testing and tuning to assess accuracy, fit, validity, and robustness for multi-stage models and model ensembles.
- Supports efforts to ensure that machine learning models and techniques used can be deployed into production. Supports the scalability and sustainability of the machine learning models.
- Data Visualization: Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes. Presents to internal or external audience using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages.
- Conducts ad-hoc analysis and presents the results in a clear manner.
- Demonstrates experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Interfaces with engineers and chemists to collect data, process data, build models and explain the results/insights to stakeholders.
Preferred Job Location: San Francisco Bay Area
- Must have an advanced degree Master or Ph.D. in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Chemical Engineering, or other related Physical Sciences.
- Preferred Attributes:
- Proficient in common data science programming language: Python or R.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Regression, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting Algorithms, Neural Networks etc.
- Experienced in deep learning/computer vision algorithm and frameworks ( Keras, TensorFlow, Pytorch etc.).
- Knowledge of data analysis methods and techniques (e.g., Dimensionality reduction, predictive modeling, clustering, text mining etc.) for feature engineering.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in parallel, maintaining focus on each, and leveraging cross project learnings.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. · Ability to work well within a team environment and take direction.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position
DuPont de Nemours, Inc
DuPont de Nemours, Inc., commonly known as DuPont, is an American company formed by the merger of Dow Chemical and E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company on August 31, 2017, and the subsequent spinoffs of Dow Inc. and Corteva. Prior to the spinoffs it was the world's largest chemical company in terms of sales.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
DuPont de Nemours, Inc is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in San Francisco, CA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.