At Shift Technology, we’re transforming insurance with AI. We help insurers fully automate more claims, deliver a great customer experience while protecting against risk and accurately identifying suspected fraud, making internal teams more effective and improving financial performance.
Since our launch in 2014 in Paris, we've raised over $320M with Tier 1 investors, opened offices in Boston, Tokyo, Singapore, London, Madrid, Mexico, Hong-Kong, and Sao Paulo, and currently work with more than 80 of the world’s leading insurers. If you are excited about joining a fast-growing insurtech innovator with a passion for excellence and global culture, Shift is the place for you.
Shift Technology offers a unique opportunity to data solutions engineers to accelerate their careers, improve their coding skills and have a high impact for our clients:
- Implement scraping and data retrieval pipelines such as web crawling websites with online vehicle ads to detect suspicious claims, crawl social media and public sites to spot discrepancies between claims and online activity, do entity resolution on lists of disbarred lawyers to detect fraud rings, etc.
- Implement connectors with external solutions to provide in-box integration of our systems with other systems through APIs and data engineering ETLs.
The work is focused on implementing and maintaining data connectors, external data integration and helping building key showcases..
- Data Engineering for the pipelines of External Data, from the automation of their retrieval in external sources to their insertion into our data stores (SQL, ElasticSearch).
- Designing new data pipelines, integrating new technologies to automate business tasks or deliver new functionalities.
- Designing and implementing new connectors with external systems such as the integration of our solutions in market-leading solutions such as GuideWire.
- Optimizing the robustness and performance of production pipelines as well as supervised the deployment of complex features to support client-facing Data Scientists. Learn about robustness patterns, code optimization techniques and large-scale deployment organization.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Good programming skills, such as a degree in computer science and/or some coding work experience and you feel comfortable spending time writing and understanding code.
- Ability to produce optimized and stable code which will smoothly run in a production context; you’re familiar with algorithm complexity assessment; you can write unit tests and integration tests; you think about potential problems and edge case.
- Knowledge and experience using object-oriented concepts; you can design class diagrams and use common object-oriented design patterns naturally. C# knowledge is a plus.
- Good practical spirit, eager to understand how new systems work, and able to troubleshoot and improve them; when hitting an unexpected problem, you are ready to dig in to solve the problem yourself.
- Teamwork capabilities; you are comfortable working with others and you have good communication skills.
- English speakers; we are an international company with offices in many countries and 40+ nationalities, the Shift working language is English.
Shift Technology delivers the only AI-native decision automation and optimization solutions built specifically for the global insurance industry. Addressing several critical processes across the insurance policy lifecycle, the Shift Insurance Suite helps insurers achieve faster, more accurate claims and policy resolutions. Shift has analyzed billions of insurance transactions to date and was presented Frost & Sullivan’s 2020 Global Claims Solutio