Posted on:10 Jan 2023
BACK TO SEARCH
Java Programming, Python Programming, C++, C Programming, SQL, Apache Hadoop, Scala Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, PyTorch, TensorFlow, MapReduce, R Programming
The Traveler Experience Unit (TXP) in an area of Travel Unit specializing in improving the traveler experience with our products and services. The aim of the Data Science team is to provide data models and machine learning solutions that can be used for enhancing the existing TXP products or offered as a service. The services are also offered to internal customers with the aim of inferring insights from the data and driving the Amadeus business decisions.
The TXP is working in SAFe methodology, and consist of several synchronized trains. The members of Data science unit are participating in several trains and work as part of different scrum teams.
As a Data Science Manager in SAFe organization, you will be leading a growing multifunctional team of data scientist, data engineers and ML-ops. You will be the main point of contact for the internal and external customers providing visibility and support of the products; and a reference in the Amadeus Data Community and you will evangelize robust and innovative methodologies like machine learning automation. Also, as a Data Science manager, you will be responsible of the hiring and training of new team members.
In this role you’ll
- Serves as point of reference to data scientist and data engineers of the team.
- Responsible for preparing the material, delivering the training to the newcomers and keeping up to date the knowledge within the team.
- Analyze internal process and lead the design and implementation of automation. Measure the quality of automation, ensure the architecture is up-to date and initiate the redesign of the solution when necessary.
- Influence Amadeus Platform & Data Mesh decisions, based both on technology considerations, business drivers and deep functional knowledge of company data and services.
- Manage Data Science dependencies, specially regarding data mesh and Amadeus Data Platform at Cloud
- Contribute to the product roadmap and creation of new service mainly, but not limited only to TXP domain
- Actively participate in Amadeus Data Community to promote innovation and best practices.
- Assist in customer interviews and meetings for internal & external data science missions
- Responsible for the design of the technical challenge for hiring of Data Scientist. Participates in hiring interviews and influences the hiring decision.
- Follow internal guidelines and ensure their acceptance and application by the team
- Inspire staff from the group and explain main trends, management decisions, main activity drivers
- Assist, guide and motivate team members set and follow up objectives, conduct annual appraisal interviews and provide input for salary reviews
- Contribute to the internal SAFE rituals (LPM, Sync, Sprint)
- Complex bug reproduction and resolution
- Participates in hiring interviews and influences the hiring decision.
- Coordinate the construction of the budget with stakeholders from business units.
- Maintain technical, functional, business and commercial awareness
- Be an innovation ambassador for Amadeus when interacting with external companies and institutions
- Stay at the forefront of research and technology advances
About the ideal candidate
- Engineering degree, M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field, computer science and applications, modeling, statistics, analytics and math.
- Ideally 5+ years experience in a relevant role.
- Deep understanding of statistics, Machine Learning algorithms and data modelling.
- Strong experience in working with large data sets and distributed computing tools (e.g Hadoop, Cloud Computing).
- Strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Hands on experience handling data-driven decisions
- Strong experience with complex ML/AI methods (e.g., pattern recognition, random forests, generative modeling, signal processing, neural network, deep learning, Natural Language Processing)
- Strong experience in diverse programming paradigms (Scala, Spark, R, C++, Python...)
- Experience with Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms (KNIME, DataIQ, DataRobot, DataBricks etc.)
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Good understanding of database technologies: relational, distributed, SQL/NoSQL
- Experience in one or more Big Data products (Dataflow, BigQuery, Apache Hadoop, Spark, Beam, Kafka, Cassandra etc)
- Experience with Business Intelligence vendor software (MicroStrategy, SAP/BO, IBM SPSS, Oracle BI, Microsoft PowerBI, SAS, Tableau, Qlik)
- Experince in version control with Git, an Linux shell
- Fluent in written and verbal English; a second language very useful (e.g Spanish, German or French)
- Management of Data analysis and processing teams
- Ability to lead teams
- Capacity of adapting to changes on data availability or platform capabilities
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Strong business acumen
- Good communication skills
- Nice to have: Understanding of the travel and airline industry and relevant data feeds (Reservation, Inventory, Ticketing, Departure Control System, Referencial Data, etc)
Amadeus IT Group, S.A.
Amadeus IT Group, S.A.is a major Spanish IT provider for the global travel and tourism industry. As a travel technology company we build the critical solutions that help airlines and airports, hotels and railways, search engines, travel agencies, tour operators and other travel players to run their operations and improve the travel experience, billions of times a year, all over the world.
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Amadeus IT Group, S.A. is currently hiring Data Science Manager Jobs in Madrid, Spain with average base salary of €75,000 - €120,000 / Year.