The Traveler Experience Unit (TXP) in an area of Travel Unit specializing in improving the traveler experience with our products and services. The aim of the Data Science team is to provide data models and machine learning solutions that can be used for enhancing the existing TXP products or offered as a service. Our solutions are also provided to internal customers with the aim of inferring insights from the data and driving the Amadeus business decisions.
Summary of the role
The main purpose of this role is to support Amadeus Airlines external and internal customers in terms of Data Engineering. As a Data Engineer, you will develop and deploy Big Data solutions on Amadeus’ Business Intelligence Platform. You will be working on Azure cloud, mostly using Databricks, Spark, Azure ML, Databricks Scheduler and/or Airflow. You will be writing code in Scala/Python and will also support the team with tooling, maintenance and configuration of the platforms tools for a better experience.
In this role, you'll
- Combine Databricks, Spark, Airflow, Snowflake or similar for transforming RAW into actionable data and develop libraries for data preparation
- Write code and tests in Scala, Java, Python
- Design data pipelines and Automate data processes
- Work closely with data scientists and platform teams in order to create and industrialize advanced analytics solutions. Be the primary point of contact with Customer, along the delivery process
- Provide data engineering support for internal & external data needs for products, sales, and consulting missions
- Assist in client interviews and internal & external meetings
- Communicate and translate data pipeline decisions & their implications to business stakeholders
- Provide expertise on architectures and influence platform decisions
- Define the necessary infrastructure and services to deploy Big Data solutions on Amadeus Data Platform
- Formulate the customer and business problems into data problems
- Maintain technical, functional, business and commercial awareness
- Participate in hiring process (interviews and candidate screening) for new team members
- Keep technical documentation up-to-date
About the ideal candidate
- Holds an Engineering degree, M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field like computer science, applied math, data science etc.
- Demonstrates at least 2-3 years working as a data engineer, software engineer or similar role.
- Deep experience working with large data sets and cloud computing tools (Azure, Spark, Databricks are a plus).
- Knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing, star schema, snowflake schema, feature engineering, data integration and notions of ML ops and devops.
- Nice to have: Statistics and machine learning algorithms. Understanding of the travel and airline industry and relevant data feeds (Reservation, Inventory, Ticketing, Departure Control System, Referencial Data, etc)
- Computing knowledge and experience:
- Big Data platforms/frameworks (Databricks, BigQuery, Apache Hadoop, Spark, Beam, Kafka etc)
- Programming languages (Scala, Java, Python...)
- Designing data pipelines and process automation (Airflow, Prefect, Jenkins ...)
- Version control with Git and Linux shell
- Vendor software (like PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik)
- Application DevOps, CI/CD pipelines and tooling (Jenkins, Gihub Actions, Azure Devops, etc.)
- Database technologies: relational, distributed, SQL/NoSQL, OLAP
Amadeus IT Group, S.A.
Amadeus IT Group, S.A.is a major Spanish IT provider for the global travel and tourism industry. As a travel technology company we build the critical solutions that help airlines and airports, hotels and railways, search engines, travel agencies, tour operators and other travel players to run their operations and improve the travel experience, billions of times a year, all over the world.