Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and intelligent senior data engineer to join the Cazoo team in London, reporting to our Engineering Manager. We are a data-driven tech organisation embracing the world of event-driven and serverless solutions, value-adding data products and cross-cloud providers, data lakes, and data warehouses.
As a senior data engineer, you will help lead and contribute to the development of our internal data products that give Cazoo that edge and form the key of our data-driven company value. Additionally you will have the opportunity to contribute to our data platform that consists of our data lake, data warehouse, pipelines and ML Ops framework. You will actively mentor others in your team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with data product managers, data analysts, data scientists, software engineers and other data engineers to understand the internal teams and business needs, and implement optimal data-driven solutions that we all strive for.
- Mentor other less experienced engineers and help develop their skill set.
- Shape and implement solutions with automation in mind.
- Deliver scalable solutions that perform and deliver business value both short- and long-term, irrespective of data size, and being as close to real-time as possible.
- Be a driver within a close knit, collaborative engineering team that helps each other out.
- Introduce new ideas and approaches to the problems we need to solve.
- Improve efficiency and deliver high-quality data solutions to our internal stakeholders.
You should apply if:
We are looking for senior data engineers who are enthusiastic, have an appetite for learning and self-development and can be an effective part of a team that delivers our data strategy.
- You have a wealth (at least 3 years) of experience within engineering and are comfortable guiding a project and other engineers to delivery, including designing solutions that deliver the features requested by the product manager.
- You have a background of developing data-driven solutions at scale using Python that result in well-tested and robust (ideally serverless) applications.
- You are a cloud practitioner with AWS (Amazon Web Services) and services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, S3 and Cloudwatch Events or EventBridge.
- You come from a software engineering background and have experience in modern software development practises such as version control (e.g., GitHub), CI/CD, IaC (infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform) and embrace a TDD approach where applicable.
- You are comfortable guiding and mentoring other engineers whilst maintaining a technical-first role dominance.
- You are proficient in SQL and understand how a document data store differs from a columnar data store and when to use each type of data store.
- You have a desire to do things the right way, yet remain flexible with a degree of pragmatism when needed.
- You possess a positive, can-do attitude and do not shy away from a challenge.
- Any exposure to GCP (Google Cloud Platform), data science or machine learning projects or frameworks is rated but not essential.
Along with a competitive salary and flexible working, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such provide an annual wellness fund, free access to the Calm app and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer a salary matched pension scheme for up to 5%, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Cazoo is a British online car retailer based in London, England and founded in 2018 by Alex Chesterman.
No. of Employees
London, United Kingdom