Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
We are looking for an agile creative thinker who relishes bringing data to life. Strong quantitative and SQL skills are a prerequisite but your ability to practically apply your skills, communicate your findings and drive implementation in the business will set you apart. 2+ years of experience in the data analytics world and someone who is comfortable with defining requirements and managing stakeholders is the candidate we are looking for.
As a Data Analyst you will work closely with the Customer and Marketing teams in Cazoo. These teams focus on engaging our customers and support the company's growth by contributing to orders and revenues targets. You could be working with Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing, CRM, Customer Service, and Customer Optimisations teams depending on your previous experiences, your interests and needs of the company.
Alongside data scientists, data engineers, and technical and commercial teams, you will help the stakeholders to understand their needs and use data to make better decisions and solve business problems. In particular, we are looking for someone to focus on surfacing relevant information through Looker, our analytics platform, and supporting end users in analysing the data.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to help define analytical projects that solve business problems and own projects from inception to final delivery.
- Becoming expert at the varied data sources available, and working with key stakeholders to generate relevant metrics and dashboards to aid decision making.
- Digging into the data in creative ways, using your quantitative abilities to drive actionable insight.
- Communicating findings and actions to both business and technical audiences and working collaboratively across functions to ensure timely implementation.
- Improving our bidding strategies within the marketing platforms (for example, by surfacing which groups of campaigns have a better return on investment).
- Understanding our customers and their customer journeys (Which customers have done which actions, which content resonates more with the different groups of customers Cazoo has, which customer behaviours predict propensity to convert, etc.).
Skills and experience required:
- Proficient writing SQL and working with SQL databases.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to learn new programming languages and tools.
- Adept at understanding the analytical needs of stakeholders, with the ability to drill down to required outputs and outcomes
- Experience making data tell a story through data presentation, and BI and visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy, PowerBI
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively across functions, disciplines and levels.
- Excited to do things the right way from the ground up.
- Adaptable and positive, can-do attitude.
- A degree or course with a strong quantitative element
- Programming experience, especially in Python or familiarity with Linux/UNIX
- Experience working with data warehouses such as BigQuery, Redshift or Snowflake.
- Experience with standard software engineering practices such as version control (github / gitlab)
Cazoo is a British online car retailer based in London, England and founded in 2018 by Alex Chesterman.
No. of Employees
London, United Kingdom