There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We are looking for a senior product management leader to join our rapidly growing team! Our product managers oversee the product functionality and design for our flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use data cloud. We need someone who has the breadth of skills and experience that will make our product loved by customers - someone who can develop a deep understanding of the Snowflake product, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve.
Specifically, the person hired for this role will serve as the business owner for our data science and machine learning workload. The role entails defining the vision and roadmap for data science and machine learning at Snowflake, working in a cross-functional way with teams across the company to make Snowflake and our customers successful for this workload, and it includes working with our ecosystem of technology and solution partners to align on joint technology and business integration roadmaps in this space.
AS A PRODUCT MANAGER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Define and evolve the vision, roadmap, and definition of success for one or more key areas of the Snowflake product in the data science and machine learning areas.
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning product, design, development, documentation, QA, marketing, sales, and support as well as our business partners.
- Collaborate across the Snowflake leadership team as well as the PM and Engineering organizations to help drive buy-in and agreement on the vision and the product.
- Manage programs and structured projects related to the design and delivery of engineering efforts.
- Partner with other Snowflake Product Managers on cross-company initiatives.
- Lead customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers to understand their needs, listen to their feedback, and determine the usability of the product which will influence the product roadmap and feature design.
- Help coordinate project execution across feature teams.
- Own the end-to-end product life cycle from customer scenarios, product requirements, priorities, customer reviews, all the way to product/feature evangelism.
- Manage a robust customer community for your feature areas.
- Leverage data to help find the best solution to our complex problems.
OUR IDEAL PRODUCT MANAGER WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of experience in product management leading highly technical products in the domains of Machine Learning platforms/infra, cloud or data infra.
- Deep understanding in the areas of Data Science, Machine Learning, Machine Learning development practices, Big Data and Public Cloud technologies.
- The ability to grasp the breadth of the Snowflake data cloud vision and product and, at the same time, dive down to the detailed level of a specific feature.
- Prior experience executing a vision from start to finish in the past, with an ability to take a one-word, or one-sentence, product vision and expound on it to drive a product roadmap.
- Proven expertise in understanding the voice of the customer and partnering across engineering, marketing, and sales to deliver compelling products that meet those customers’ needs.
- Demonstrated track record of shipping successful platform data science offerings in the cloud.
- Decisive and detailed oriented personality, and ready and willing to stand by their decisions.
- Ability to thrive in the dynamic environment with ample ambiguity that comes with being part of a hyper-growth company. That means flexibility and willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographies.
- Comfortable presenting and working at the CxO level within Snowflake and with Snowflake’s customers and partners.
- Hands-on experience with data science/machine learning products such as AWS SageMaker, Azure ML, Google Cloud ML and frameworks such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, or scikit-learn.
- Experience as a people manager for product managers is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
Snowflake Inc. is a cloud computing-based data warehousing company based in Bozeman, Montana. It was founded in July 2012 and was publicly launched in October 2014 after two years in stealth mode. The company's name was chosen as a tribute to the founders' love of winter sports.
The firm offers a cloud-based data storage and analytics service, generally termed data warehouse-as-a-service. It allows corporate users to store and analyze data.
No. of Employees
Bozeman, Montana, USA