Posted on:12 May 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer for our Analytics Engineering & Platform team. In this role, you will work closely with our Product, Engineering, IT, and Data Science teams to build best in class infrastructure supporting data across the company. This is a strategic, high-impact role that will also help shape the future of Snowflake products and services.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR DATA ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE INCLUDE:
- Design, build, and own the core data models and key infrastructure to manage data and usage across our Snowflake account with an emphasis on Sales, Finance, and Security
- Design and implement a data quality monitoring system. The system should include source-to-target data validations as well as anomaly detection.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Product Management, IT, Finance, and Compliance to inform product decision making with data and to identify opportunities for system improvements.
- Collaborate with the Engineering, IT, and Compliance team to meet data governance requirements.
- Build dashboards to help IT Leadership monitor performance and availability of our system
- Answer questions from the executive team for board reporting, publications, and industry reports
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured problems
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years experience including:
- Designing and building complex data pipelines in a large scale data environment.
- Experience with Salesforce, Workday, and application integrations
- Using big data to drive business impact
- Experience using Snowflake a plus
- BS in a technical field (CS, Physics, Math, etc), MS/PhD a plus.
- Expert level Python/SQL
- Ability to clearly present learnings to business leaders and technical stakeholders
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
Snowflake Inc. is a cloud computing-based data warehousing company based in Bozeman, Montana. It was founded in July 2012 and was publicly launched in October 2014 after two years in stealth mode. The company's name was chosen as a tribute to the founders' love of winter sports.
The firm offers a cloud-based data storage and analytics service, generally termed data warehouse-as-a-service. It allows corporate users to store and analyze data.
No. of Employees
Bozeman, Montana, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Snowflake is currently hiring Senior Data Engineer Jobs in San Mateo, CA, USA with average base salary of $160,000 - $240,000 / Year.