Posted on:12 May 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to lead Snowflake's corporate data science function. In this role, you will apply machine learning to a variety of domain specific use-cases across Legal, Sales Engineering, Alliances, IT, Professional Services & Training. This is a generalist role and will provide an opportunity to work on a wide breadth of problems, applying a good mix of models & methods.
AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Work closely with the business and corporate stakeholders to understand the use-cases and identify focus areas with the highest potential for impact.
- Define and analyze metrics that will in turn inform the key drivers for decision making & operational efficiencies.
- Analyze large amounts of messy data, work on data quality, uncover actionable insights and present them in a compelling manner.
- Provide technical & thought leadership designing, testing and implementing machine learning techniques.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years of overall experience in the Data Space
- High levels of curiosity and eager enthusiasm for open-ended problems.
- Experience and interest in problem formulation based on relatively abstract information.
- 5+ years experience applying machine learning or statistical modeling on large-scale datasets.
- Deep understanding of the basic classes of ML algorithms, also the underlying assumptions.
- 5+ years experience writing production quality scalable code using Python.
- Expert level knowledge working with Python and ML libraries such as scikit-learn, pandas etc.
- Ability to articulate results and complex concepts to leadership.
- Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
Snowflake Inc. is a cloud computing-based data warehousing company based in Bozeman, Montana. It was founded in July 2012 and was publicly launched in October 2014 after two years in stealth mode. The company's name was chosen as a tribute to the founders' love of winter sports.
The firm offers a cloud-based data storage and analytics service, generally termed data warehouse-as-a-service. It allows corporate users to store and analyze data.
No. of Employees
Bozeman, Montana, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Snowflake is currently hiring Senior Data Scientist Jobs in Pune, Maharashtra, India with average base salary of ₹700,000 - ₹1,200,000 / Year.