- Category: Research and Sciences
- Location: Unknown City, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services is seeking a Manager 1 of Data Analytics. The Manager 1 will be a member of the Data Analytics organization of the Chief Data Office and will be leading exciting, cutting-edge initiatives as we continue to build out our Data Analytics Program. In this role, you will be responsible for promoting data analytics to drive value across our businesses, interacting regularly with stakeholders, and developing key analytics frameworks for all business areas turning data into business insights and predictive / autonomous outcomes.
This position will be performed as a virtual telecommuter
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and develop a world class team leveraging a strong foundation already in place
- Support requirements capture, design and technical implementation related to Data Analytics
- Manage capacity, priorities, and performance for a team of Data Engineers, Business Intelligence Engineers, and Data Scientists
- Develop solutions in collaboration with customers and platform architects to support customer needs.
- Actively engage with customers and stakeholders to ensure services are delivered to meet or exceed expectations in a highly complex and dynamic environment
- Develop vision and execution strategy for data and analytics
- Provide resources to make data and analytics staff more successful
- Establish best practices for data and analytics execution
- Develop data and analytics talent pipeline
- Advise leadership team on data and analytics value, opportunities, and strategy
- Build a culture around data sharing, information governance, and analytic literacy
The successful candidate must be entrepreneurial, a self-starter and have the ability to think big and challenge the status quo. This individual will provide innovative solutions that create strategic value for our company.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 8+ years of applicable professional experience; 6 years with a Master's degree
- Passion for being at the leading edge of Technology with hands-on software development or Analytics experience
- Significant experience with data analytics and data science tools and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for varied audiences on analytical subject matter
- Experience in business process improvement methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Significant experience in identifying and driving operational/organizational change and excellence
- Proven people management experience leading an organization
- Demonstrated experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product/technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to transform business requirements to specific analytical tools
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies and SaaS technologies
- Ability to obtain a DOD Top Secret clearance
- Experience with concepts such as: Data Catalog, Data Warehouse, Common Data Model, Data Architecture
- Experience with SSIS, Denodo, Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI and Cloud Analytics Services in AWS/Azure.
- Northrop Grumman cybersecurity standards and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, and presentation).
- Understanding of Northrop Grumman policy, process, and products.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and inspire a diverse team.
- Ability to make decisions with minimal support.
- Current DOD Secret, or Top Secret
Northrop Grumman Corporation is an American multinational aerospace and defense technology company. With 90,000 employees and an annual revenue in excess of $30 billion, it is one of the world's largest weapons manufacturers and military technology providers. The firm ranks No. 96 on the 2020 Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations.