Posted on:5 May 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Senior Data Scientist - Analytics
San Francisco, CA, USA
Senior Data Scientist
Degree in Computer Engineering, Degree in Mathematics, Degree in Language Technology
Java Programming, Python Programming, SQL, R Programming
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and data scientists are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As a data scientist at Twitch, you will be on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
The Creator Data Science & Analytics team is looking for a Data Scientist to support Twitch's Music Team. You will join the team that is shaping the future of Music by bringing the best of Twitch – live video, interaction, community and monetization – to artists of all sizes. Reporting to the Data Science Manager for the Creator Analytics Team, you will be defining & tracking KPIs, providing insights to guide strategies and implementing data solutions to help reshape the growth and monetization of our music creators. Our ideal candidate is a full-stack data powerhouse who uses data to guide decision making to ensure the best experiences for our creators and their communities.
This position can be located in San Francisco, CA, or remotely across the US.
- Inform strategies and prioritization through insights derived from in-depth data analysis, work with stakeholders to inform decisions
- Leverage statistical and analytic models to uncover insights and segmentations that drive the business forward
- Implement core metrics for Music team, develop automated dashboards and other self-service tools for reporting & surfacing insights to stakeholders
- Develop scalable data pipelines to support analytics needs
- Evaluate impact of go-to-market initiatives on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- Bachelor's degree in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist or data analyst in a high-velocity environment
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- In-depth experience using scripting languages such as R or Python for data analysis
- Proven experience deriving insights from data and presenting to business stakeholders
- Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Impact-oriented, customer-centric approach to data analysis
- Experience with strategy consulting, LTV models, and health score models
- Experience working with music/entertainment industry
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is a one-of-a-kind collision of subcultures, games, communities, and streamers co-creating content around everything they’re into.
This is more than just watching; this is multiplayer entertainment — unique, live, unpredictable, never-to-be-repeated experiences created by the interactions of many. Twitch brings the joy of co-op to everything gamers love, from anime marathons to esports competitions and more.
No. of Employees
San Francisco, CA, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Twitch is currently hiring Senior Data Scientist Jobs in San Francisco, CA, USA with average base salary of $130,000-$140,000 per year.