Perform sophisticated analytics (statistical and predictive analytics, machine learning modeling, etc.) to provide actionable insights that improve business outcomes and minimize risk and also provide consultation to business leaders and other stakeholders on how to leverage analytics insights and build strategies around analytics.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Independently perform sophisticated data analytics (ranging from classical econometrics to machine learning, neural networks, and natural language processing) in a variety of environments using structured and unstructured data.
- Produce compelling data visualizations to communicate insights and influence outcomes among a wide array of stakeholders.
- Take accountability and ownership of end-to-end data science solution design, technical delivery, and measurable business outcome.
- Engage in stakeholder meetings to identify business objectives and scope solution requirements.
- With minimal guidance, write, document, and deploy custom code in a variety of environments (Python, SAS, R, etc.) to create predictive analytics applications.
- Use, maintain, share and collaborate through Truist internal code repositories to foster continual learning and cross-pollination of skillsets.
- Actively research and advocate adoption of emerging methods and technologies in the data science field, with the eye of continually advancing Truist’s capabilities.
- Exercise sound judgment and fosters risk management culture throughout design, development, and deployment practices; partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate rules on data usage, data governance and analytics capabilities.
Truist Financial Corporation is an American bank holding company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company was formed in December 2019 as the result of the merger of BB&T (Branch Banking and Trust Company) and SunTrust Banks. Its bank operates 2,049 branches in 15 states and Washington, D.C., and offers consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage, and insurance products and services.