- Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining global platform including Middleware applications, ETL & BI Tools.
- Administers and maintains the platforms to include ongoing enhancements, modifications, software upgrades, code migrations, automations etc. following all relevant SOPs and internal process.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and resource to junior employees
- Provides project management for various IT projects and initiatives.
- Provides system engineering consulting and application support to other IT groups and projects.
- Take the initiative in troubleshooting complex problems and work on projects which require in depth analysis of options, technology evaluation and cross functional engagement.
- The person will need good verbal and written communication skills. He/she needs to show experience in utilizing various influencing skills and be able to collaborate, communicate and deliver in a global environment.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related area with 6+ years’ experience in System Administration supporting a networked server environment. Experience with at least 2 of the systems/environments in the E-Data portfolio Or an equivalent combination of education, professional training and experience that provide the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge on below platforms:
- BI & ETL Tools: TIBCO Spotfire and Talend (any other similar tool)
- BI & ETL development experience would be nice to have, but not mandatory
- Middleware: Oracle SOA, MuleSoft
- Database: Snowflake preferred.
- DevOps: Git, CI/CD, Azure Dev Ops
- Scripting: Bash, Python etc.
- Business focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to take IT engineering designs and convert them into operational services.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex system and technical problems
- Must be able to multitask and pay close attention to detail
- Positive attitude with a commitment to a high quality of work
- Demonstrate a competency to learn new technical skills
- Effective coaching and mentoring skill
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC. is an American contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. PPD was founded by Fred Eshelman, Pharm.D., as a one-person consulting firm in 1985. The following year he expanded the company's scope to include development services and relocated operations from Maryland to North Carolina.