Executes analytics modeling based on exploratory data analysis through application of statistics, machine
learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and/or mathematics to recognize patterns, identify
opportunities, and generate valuable predictive business insights in support of innovative business
decisions. Supports organization leadership through data-driven decision validation and support.
• Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to identify questions and business challenges and determine plans of action in order to learn to effectively define, design, and develop machine learning models and algorithms to derive
insights into each problem.
• Generates and tests hypotheses and analyzes and interprets the results.
• Navigates datasets for data mining, profiling, and curation, and natural language processing (NLP), as well as identifies related data that is fundamental to successfully applying predictive and machine learning techniques.
• Participates in the design, development, and programming of methods, processes, and software programs to consolidate, cleanse, and analyze unstructured, diverse data sources to recognize patterns, identify opportunities,
and generate actionable business insights and solutions.
• Evaluates, and may design or develop predictive models and algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data in order to support business process improvements and solve business challenges.
• Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources in support of continuous improvement efforts and business process upgrades through exploratory data analysis.
• Effectively communicates and guides stakeholders through the machine learning process; Interprets and communicates findings and solutions from analysis and experiments to a broad audience, including business leadership.
Education and Experience:
In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Solid working knowledge of application of statistics, programming, data modeling, simulation, and
advanced mathematics to business questions for data analysis
• Basic skills with exploratory data analysis techniques involving structured and unstructured data,
machine learning (e.g. decision trees, neural networks, clustering, classification, Bayesian networks),
model validation techniques, and data visualization techniques
• Solid knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas: Snowflake, AWS EMR, Python, Spark, R, Shiny, jupyter, and associated packages and libraries from numpy, pandas, SciPy or NLTK
• Knowledge of and exposure to cloud architectures across NoSQL, lambda functions, kafka, sagemaker, tensorflow, etc.
• Proficiency with the following data science approaches: data engineering, pipelining and wrangling tools, data visualization and modeling tools, and mathematical approaches to imperfect data
• Firm knowledge of data management approaches such as relational databases, data schemas, object stores, column stores, triple stores, graph stores, and/or document stores
• Capable of delivering accurate work products in a cross-functional matrix environment spanning data warehousing, data modeling, and data analytics while managing multiple competing priorities
• Sound analytical skills and demonstrated proficiency in developing detailed analysis, models, plan calculations, and tools
• Solid executive presence with ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels
• Demonstrated creativity in identifying non-traditional data sources in addition to rigorous application
of leading analytic techniques
No management responsibility
Working Conditions and Environment:
• Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
• Occasional drives to site locations with occasional travel both domestic and international.
• Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
• Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
• Frequent mobility required.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC. is an American contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. PPD was founded by Fred Eshelman, Pharm.D., as a one-person consulting firm in 1985. The following year he expanded the company's scope to include development services and relocated operations from Maryland to North Carolina.