Showcase your data talents with PPD, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where you can apply your creativity, experience and unique designs to unlock the deep value of data. Our PPD e-Data team is at the center of all data flows, assets to inform data science, advanced analytics, data sharing, data engineering and robust APIs. Your career with us can span and evolve across all of these in a highly collaborative, forward looking setting.
The Enterprise Data Group owns our data, the cloud, and data analytics. We are currently seeking an innovative Enterprise Data Architect that is passionate about data who knows how to process, store, and model data. In this leadership role, you will be charged with developing next generation architecture that will extend our current data architecture and scale to meet the future needs of the business.
Data Architecture & Governance
- Drive Data Catalog effort to provide an Information map with ability to search, discover and request access for data.
- Provide a governance model for data assets in PPD Cloud Data Lake for lead initiatives and other strategic use cases
- Actively identify data sources, internal and external, to show business value and support of strategic use cases
- Drive engagement and value – engage with internal customers to communicate PPD’s data platform strategy
- Establish Data as a service offering to enable strategic use cases, data science, Machine Learning projects
Data Platform Leadership
- Assess leading external vendors/services for the platform capabilities that include data catalog and DIY
- Assist in enabling state-of-the-art data offerings for data mining, data analytics, data science, real world data, visualization, and machine learning.
- Support research and analysis requests from internal clients, partners and PPD sponsors for data needs and integrations
- Knowledge of CRO, OMAP, CDISC industry standards preferred
- Able to participate in RFP process
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 12 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced Data Modeling skills (Erwin preferred)
- Cloud data warehouse experience such as Snowflake, AWS Redshift, Azure Synapse, Google Cloud
- Experience developing ETL and ELT pipelines (like DBT, Talend, Informatica)
- Advanced SQL Knowledge (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc)
- Knowledge of GIT, Jenkins (CI), Agile methodologies
- Experience with Automation including Unit, Integration Testing, shell scripting
- Experience working with at least one major cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Familiarity with the following systems & skills preferred: Windows & Linux/Unix Servers, Validated System Experience, Clinical Industry Knowledge, Project Management
- Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to multitask and pay close attention to detail
- Strong logic, analysis, and problem-solving skills
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
Our 4i Values:
Integrity – Innovation – Intensity – Involvement
If you resonate with our 4i values above, we’d love to hear from you!
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC. is an American contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. PPD was founded by Fred Eshelman, Pharm.D., as a one-person consulting firm in 1985. The following year he expanded the company's scope to include development services and relocated operations from Maryland to North Carolina.