Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming, C Programming,
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Capacity Planning Advanced Analytics department is accountable for the data accuracy and software tool capabilities to perform Distribution System analysis and planning, looking into the future likelihood of outcomes from data trends and advanced model simulations. The Sr Quantitative Engineer is responsible for overseeing the implementation and maintenance of multiple software platforms and corresponding data repositories to ensure optimal performance for end users through troubleshooting, programming, and coordinating with software developers and internal IT organization to address issues and lead enhancement and new software procurement and implementation projects. This role requires in depth knowledge of Electric Distribution Utility in addition to data science and forecasting techniques to properly plan for investments justified by advanced analytics to lead PHI as the Utility of the Future. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs assignments in specialized areas requiring extensive quantitative analysis, research and engineering expertise. (30%)
- Performs tasks associated with critical or analytical engineering projects, develop and maintain quantitative analytical models and methodologies to identify trends and predict outcomes, provide explanations of the modeling and its results to management and senior leaders. (30%)
- Evaluates, develops, implements and supports strategic and engineering projects that have significant financial and operational impact by applying quantitative analysis. (10%)
- Participates in department planning, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results. (5%)
- Performs assignments while acting independently and may lead multi-discipline teams. (5%)
- Serves as an expert in the quantitative engineering area. (5%)
- Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness. (5%)
- Provides training and/or guidance to others. (5%)
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest. (5%)
- Influences project decisions having a significant impact on the company.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering Ability/experience analyzing and interpreting complex electrical and mechanical systems, and providing quantitative engineering analysis
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Eight or more years of professional engineering or quantitative analyst experience (1) (3) (See Note).
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Technical applications of complex subjects
- Develops and executes complex technical proposals
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Draw on knowledge of programming in MATLAB, Python, R, C++, SQL, VBA skills to develop and maintain the models that guide the company's engineering activities.
- Minimum of two related career experiences (4) in quantitative and engineering discipline (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Member of a recognized industry committee
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in quantitative discipline (e.g., electrical engineering, industrial engineering, statistics, operations research, economics, computer science, data analytics, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- (1) Master's degree in Engineering or other quantitative fields reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year;
- (2) License must be issued by the state in which you are practicing.
- (3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year.
- (4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in department
- Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e.g., in the case of an employee with both a master's degree in Engineering AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be reduced by one (1) year).
- Knowledge and experience with programming languages such as SQL, Python, data processing and data visualization libraries and methods
- Experience working with databases such as SQL Server and Oracle
- Ability to translate large amounts of data through trends and signatures into business recommendations
- General knowledge of electric distribution utility standards, design, and operations
- Knowledge and experience with data science techniques such as machine learning, regression, and forecasting
- Enthusiasm towards solutions that safely and reliably support climate change and carbon emissions reduction
Exelon Corporation is an American Fortune 100 energy company headquartered in Chicago, Illinois and incorporated in Pennsylvania. It generates revenues of approximately $33.5 billion and employs approximately 33,400 people. Exelon is the largest electric parent company in the United States by revenue, the largest regulated electric utility in the United States with 10 million customers, and was formerly the largest operator of nuclear power plant