create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data Scientists play a central role in Twitch's data-driven decision-making process. As a DS at Twitch, you will shape the way product performance is measured, provide insights that guide future product strategies, and conduct foundational research to identify new opportunities or challenges.
As part of the Community Health team at Twitch, you will work directly with product teams to support the safety and well-being of our creators, viewers, and moderators, shaping the way we build operational processes, delivering formative insights about the health and safety of our communities, measuring the impact of product improvements and policy changes, and charting a course for future product design and strategy. In a typical week or month, you will contribute to instrumentation, dashboard/report-building, metrics reviews, and ad hoc analysis. You will report to the Analytics Manager for Community Health and your work will pave the way for high-quality, high-velocity product development that will lead to safer, more rewarding community interactions across the platform. We are based in San Francisco, however we're open to you working out of our Seattle, WA, Irvine, CA, or Salt Lake City, UT offices.
You'll find a Requirements section below. If you meet all of these, then we encourage you to apply. If you meet most of them, and feel that you have a unique perspective or skill-set that can help us to design safer and more rewarding communities, then we encourage you to apply.
- Become a domain expert in the design of product features to support safer and more rewarding interactions within online communities.
- Distill ambiguous product or strategy questions, find clever ways to answer them, and to measure the uncertainty; translate product and strategy questions into metrics, and work with data engineers to dashboard these metrics.
- Design and evaluate A/B tests and experiments to measure the effectiveness of front-end product improvements and algorithmic machine learning systems.
- Produce ad-hoc reports and insights that help teams move forward with time-sensitive product and strategy decisions.
- Maintain a culture of high-quality output and engagement with team members; communicate technical information to technical and non-technical partners; manage ad hoc requests and unexpected obstacles.
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in engineering, math, statistics, data analytics, operations research, or related field or equivalent data analytics experience.
- Expert SQL skills and comfort with statistical analysis, including A/B testing.
- Fluency in data communication and visualization, including metrics reporting, conducting exploratory data analysis, and creating data-driven reports and visualizations.
- Comfort working on occasion with potentially sensitive or disturbing content.
- Eagerness to shape the development of a growing team and contribute to the design of novel products that shape the community experience for millions of viewers and creators.
- 2+ years of industry experience as a data analyst in the consumer internet or gaming space, or experience working in a related role with a high-velocity, high-growth product / business.
- Masters degree in engineering, math, statistics, data analytics, operations research, or related field or equivalent data analytics experience.
- Familiarity with Twitch, our creators, and our community.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods and statistical programming using Python, R, or similar tools.
- Familiarity with NLP techniques (e.g. topic modeling, sentiment analysis), particularly involving text corpora composed of short, unstructured text.
- Prior experience working on a Trust & Safety or Community Health team.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is a one-of-a-kind collision of subcultures, games, communities, and streamers co-creating content around everything they’re into.
This is more than just watching; this is multiplayer entertainment — unique, live, unpredictable, never-to-be-repeated experiences created by the interactions of many. Twitch brings the joy of co-op to everything gamers love, from anime marathons to esports competitions and more.
No. of Employees
San Francisco, CA, USA