Posted on:17 Jan 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
New York, NY, USA
Senior Data Engineer
Degree in Computer Engineering, Degree in Computer Science, Degree in Data Science, Degree in Machine Learning, Degree in Mathematics, Degree in Statistics
Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming, C Programming,
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Data Platform team develops and operates the platform that enables Twitch's data-informed decision-making. This ranges from the machine learning models that power Twitch Search to empowering self-serve analytics for business staff. Our data pipeline receives over 220 billion events a day, and we forward live data to hundreds of systems as well as powering decisions at all levels of Twitch. We provide tools to ingest, store, transform, move, and understand data.
As a Senior Data Engineer on Data Platform, you will work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product and Data teams to assist with supporting their data needs and data-related technical issues. You will create data tools for engineering, analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building data-driven product. You will report to the Engineering Manager for Data Platform.
This position can also be located in Los Angeles, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Austin, TX.
- Create and maintain data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- 5+ years of data engineering experience, software engineering, or other related roles.
- 2+ years experience in Python.
- 2+ years working with distributed, highly available systems.
- Experience with SQL and SQL optimization.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies such as Redshift, EMR, Spark.
- You've made petabytes of data usable.
- You've worked with Amazon Web Services and Apache Druid.
- You contribute to open source.
- You've served in a team lead capacity in the data or data infrastructure space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
Twitch is a one-of-a-kind collision of subcultures, games, communities, and streamers co-creating content around everything they’re into.
This is more than just watching; this is multiplayer entertainment — unique, live, unpredictable, never-to-be-repeated experiences created by the interactions of many. Twitch brings the joy of co-op to everything gamers love, from anime marathons to esports competitions and more.
No. of Employees
San Francisco, CA, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Twitch is currently hiring Senior Data Engineer Jobs in New York, NY, USA with average base salary of $100,000-$160,000 per year.