Posted on:17 Jan 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Principal Security Architect
San Francisco, CA, USA
Principal Security Architect
Degree in Computer Engineering, Degree in Computer Science, Degree in Data Science, Degree in Machine Learning, Degree in Mathematics, Degree in Statistics
Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming, C Programming,
Twitch is looking for a Principal Security Engineer to join our Security Architecture and Engineering Organization. Reporting to the Director of the Security Engineering organization, our mission is to guide Twitch to build securely. We are looking for people who want to partner with our Twitch peers to level up Twitch's security posture and reduce infrastructural security risks. We are passionate about identifying capability gaps and security issues across Twitch's infrastructure, creating policies and standards to guide our peers, helping teams with infrastructure design and implementation, providing engineers solutions to security goals, and creating a safety net for engineers to build securely. Does that sound like you, or like someone you want to be? Cool. We would like for you to apply.
We are looking for people who want to partner with our Twitch peers to level up Twitch's security posture and reduce infrastructural security risks. We are passionate about identifying capability gaps and security issues across Twitch's infrastructure, creating policies and standards to guide our peers, helping teams with infrastructure design and implementation, providing engineers solutions to security goals, and creating a safety net for engineers to build securely. Does that sound like you, or like someone you want to be? Cool. We would like for you to apply.
As a Principal Security Architect, you will provide technical direction, oversight, and execution guidance for the Security Architecture and Engineering team as well as the greater Security department. You'll be the person the engineers turn to when they're not sure how to do something, or which technology option best suits a project. You'll facilitate relationships between the numerous Security teams, identifying opportunities to collaborate and execute against a larger vision. You'll establish a vision around how Twitch Security approaches strategic risk reduction and with the support of our TPM team, help drive execution. We do not expect expertise in all of the team responsibility areas, but we do expect you to be fluent with almost all of them and demonstrate technical expertise in several. If you think that you're interested, and that you may be qualified, please contact us. You cannot waste our time. Let us worry about our time.
- Design patterns, repeatable guidance, and where necessary, policy
- Recognize and adopt best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization
- Establish vision for the Security Architecture and Engineering Organization
- Develop and implement long-term roadmap and multi-year programs for Twitch Security.
- Consult with both product-focused and horizontal teams, both engineering and not
- Help teams to make the right security calls
- Provide career and technical mentorship to other engineers
- Proven track record of managing complex problems and cultivating collaboration across organizational boundaries with key stakeholders (SDEs, leaders, fellow PE community, non-technical staff)
- Have a clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in network, system, or software architecture; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
- 10+ years of experience identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
- 10+ years of experience in three or more of the following areas: cloud computing, cryptography, web and network protocols, data structures and algorithms, software development, threat modeling, pen tests, or vulnerability assessments
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in Cyber Security and at least one relevant technical area: large-scale systems engineering, queuing and messaging, Linux networking, performance analysis, software-defined networking.
- Bring advanced-level skills to research, evaluate, track and manage security threats and vulnerabilities in situations where in-depth analysis of ambiguous information is required
- Technical Leadership. You can drive an initiative from concept to full production deployment while maintaining security and operational excellence throughout the process. You influence other engineers with your technical depth and collaborative attitude.
- Fluency with AWS
- Have experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
- Demonstrate software development proficiency (Go, Python, Perl, Java, etc.)
- Deep understanding of system performance tradeoffs, load balancing, and engineering for high availability
- Avid user of Twitch with a passion for the Twitch community
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is a one-of-a-kind collision of subcultures, games, communities, and streamers co-creating content around everything they’re into.
This is more than just watching; this is multiplayer entertainment — unique, live, unpredictable, never-to-be-repeated experiences created by the interactions of many. Twitch brings the joy of co-op to everything gamers love, from anime marathons to esports competitions and more.
No. of Employees
San Francisco, CA, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Twitch is currently hiring Principal Security Architect Jobs in San Francisco, CA, USA with average base salary of $100,000-$160,000 per year.