Posted on:17 Jan 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Data Scientist - Mobile Growth
San Francisco, CA, USA
Degree in Computer Engineering, Degree in Computer Science, Degree in Data Science, Degree in Machine Learning, Degree in Mathematics, Degree in Statistics
Python Programming, Scala Programming, C++, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, Data science techniques, SQL, Apache Hadoop, MapReduce, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R Programming, C Programming,
Data is central to Twitch's decision-making process, and data scientists are a critical component to evangelize data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As a data scientist at Twitch, you will be on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way product performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we're looking for an experienced product data scientist who will help develop the strategy and evaluate/improve product initiatives within our mobile growth product team. You will be responsible to define and track KPIs, design experiments, evaluate A/B tests, implement data instrumentation, and inform on investment. Our ideal candidate is a full-stack data powerhouse who uses data to drive decision-making to make the best products for our mobile users and their communities. Your input will be core to decision-making across all major product strategies and initiatives that our team builds. You will report to the Analytics Manager for Creator and work closely with product managers, technical program managers, engineering, data scientists, and organization leadership within and outside of the mobile growth organization.
- Inform product strategies by defining and updating core metrics for each initiative
- Establish analytical framework for your team: ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools to surface key data to stakeholders
- Evaluate and forecast impact of mobile product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- Design A/B experiments to drive product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
- Drive the team's analysis roadmap and prioritize the most valuable projects
- Tackle complex and ambiguous analytic projects, resolve ambiguity and accurately identify the trade-offs between speed and quality and apply or route work as necessary
- Dive deep into the data to understand how creator and viewer behaviors change with the evolution of our mobile product
- Act as our team's thought leader on best practices and move towards long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes
- Own data collection and product instrumentation implementation and quality assurance
- Work hand-in-hand with business, product, engineering, and design to proactively influence and inform teammates' decisions throughout the product life cycle
- Distill ambiguous product or business questions, find clever ways to answer them, and to quantify the uncertainty
- 3+ years of industry experience in a mobile or consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or business unit
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, data analytics, operations research, or related field or equivalent data analytics experience.
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- At least 1 year of experience designing and assessing impact of A/B experiments in a fast-paced product development cycle, understanding advanced analysis techniques such as diff-in-diff, two-stage least square, or CUPED. You can explain them clearly to product partners unfamiliar with statistics.
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Master's degree in quantitative fields
- Technical background and programming experience–especially R or Python
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art statistical methods such as structural equation modeling, GLM, time series forecasting, bayesian inference, etc. When to use them, and when not to.
- Experience building data products
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Twitch is a one-of-a-kind collision of subcultures, games, communities, and streamers co-creating content around everything they’re into.
This is more than just watching; this is multiplayer entertainment — unique, live, unpredictable, never-to-be-repeated experiences created by the interactions of many. Twitch brings the joy of co-op to everything gamers love, from anime marathons to esports competitions and more.
No. of Employees
San Francisco, CA, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Twitch is currently hiring Data Scientist Jobs in San Francisco, CA, USA with average base salary of $100,000-$160,000 per year.