Posted on:4 Jan 2022
BACK TO SEARCH
Apache Hadoop, C Programming, C++, Data science techniques, Java Programming, Machine learning techniques, MapReduce, Python Programming, PyTorch, R Programming, Scala Programming, SQL, TensorFlow
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
In this role you will act as the owner of medium-sized features and ML Platform capabilities which you will develop from scratch as we build Snowflake’s first ML Platform. You will be expected to work independently, coordinate across multiple teams, and provide direction. The location for this position is either Bellevue, WA or San Mateo, CA.
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Get to write a lot of code in lieu of endless meetings
- Build highly reliable software to meet the needs of the world’s largest enterprises.
- Be the owner of business critical ML Platform features and capabilities
- Test your feature and develop a deployment strategy
- You will ensure that your feature composes well with the rest of the ML Platform both in design and integration testing.
- You will break your feature into tasks that can be delivered incrementally
- Develop solid plans for development and rollout of new features to our cloud machine learning platform.
- Act as one of the owners for the production service that your team has deployed
- Be proactive about quality or performance issues in your feature or system.
OUR IDEAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 3+ years industry experience designing, building, and supporting Internet serving infrastructure, machine learning platforms, machine learning services and frameworks.
- Knowledge of setting up ML development environments
- Strong fundamental computer science skills
- Experience in computer systems: operating systems, serving systems, distributed systems, ...
- Some hands-on experience using Machine Learning on some problem.
- Fluent in Python. C++ and Java experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate well, and be proactive.
- Ability to work on-site in our downtown Bellevue office.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science.
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- 1+ years experience in machine learning stack
- 1+ years of supporting a production service
- Experience with common ML frameworks such as Spark, MLlib, Tensorflow, Pytorch, XGBoost, or scikit-learn.
Snowflake Inc. is a cloud computing-based data warehousing company based in Bozeman, Montana. It was founded in July 2012 and was publicly launched in October 2014 after two years in stealth mode. The company's name was chosen as a tribute to the founders' love of winter sports.
The firm offers a cloud-based data storage and analytics service, generally termed data warehouse-as-a-service. It allows corporate users to store and analyze data.
No. of Employees
Bozeman, Montana, USA
Get Similar Jobs In Your Inbox
Snowflake is currently hiring Machine Learning Software Engineer Jobs in San Mateo, CA, USA with average base salary of $120,000 - $190,000 / Year.